surfboard coffin bag nz for travel - single surfboard bag, double surfboard bag, and triple surfboard bag - all in one!
- Overstayer surfboard coffin is up to 50% lighter than standard triple surfboard bag, with full travel protection!
- burrito wrap closure secures any load size: 1 board only, 2 boards with fins, or 3 boards w/out fins
- includes free 'sling' wax divider / surfboard day carry
- unfold side access or unzip rear access
- cooling heat vent runs length of bag
- water resistant 'cleanzone' keeps gear clean
- empty bag is less than 1/3 height of standard empty triple coffin makes for easy storage
- bag opens flat as ground sheet for sitting, sleeping or tenting
- turn your boardbag into a clean comfy bed with an optional sleepmat
- fits wider 'fish' style boards up to 25"
- 6x grab handles for easy handling
- 2x external pockets, 4x internal pockets
- less zips to break or corrode
- fin slot with velcro closure in sizes 8'2 and bigger
- weights: S 6.5lb / 2.95kg, M 6.8lb / 3.1kg, L 7.2lb / 3.25kg, Long 9.7lb / 4.4kg
As the main opening utilizes a radical velcro fastening system, you can eliminate any concerns about the zip seizing up like other bags which often renders a perfectly good travel bags useless. By eliminating the zip we have removed the most significant weakpoint of any full entry travel bag, and this means the Overstayer has a much longer lifespan than standard boardbags. When we say built to last, we mean it.
Getting your boards to survive inconsiderate baggage handlers is still a priority, so they get the full treatment with a premium combination of super tough 600D exterior and 10mm shock absorbing foam core.
Engineered from extremely tough components, this high-end bag delivers what every world traveler wants – simplicity, ease of transport and a touch of style.Other benefits exclusive to the overstayer include a wax and water resistant 'cleanzone' divider compartment to separate boards from luggage. Plus you'll get a free day carry sling - which all up makes this one super sweet package - which is very hard to beat for performance, adaptability, and value.
- super tough 600D water-resistant polycanvas
- nose and tail reinforcement
- 10mm waterproof shock absorbing foam core
- reinforcement stitching in hi-stress areas
- heat reflective nylon lined interior
- PK non corrosion zip, reversed for extra zip protection
Overstayer capacity is determined by adding up the width of each surfboard (no fins). Example: the Overstayer 6’6 travel bag combined width capacity is 60" inches, therefore the combined width of each surfboard when you add them up must be 60 or less inches.
Examples of different fitting board combinations (no fins) are:
- 3x 20” wide boards = 3x 20” = 60” - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
- 2x 19” wide boards = 2x 19" = 38"
1x 22” wide board = 1x 22" = 22"
Total combined width 38 + 22 = 60" - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
- 2x 23” wide boards = 2x 23" = 46" - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
BOARD TYPE & SIZE CHART
|Board Type||Overstayer 6'6,7'0 and 7'6||Overstayer 8'2,9'6 and 10'2|
|Shortboard||1-3 Boards (max combined with 60")||-|
|Mini-mal / eggs / spoons / fish||1-2 Boards (max combined with 60")||-|
|Longboard||-||1-2 Boards (max combined with 50")|
NB: FIXED FIN surfboards max capacity for 6'6, 7'0 and 7'6 boardbags is 2x fixed fin surfboards (any width).
tips for use
- close by tightening cynches and folding nose and tail ends under.
- carrying 2 or 3 boards:
- put largest board nose first and base down at bottom.
- add smaller boards nose first, base down.
- never slide a board in under another board - this may cause damage from the nose of the sliding board.
- boards with fins are best on the bottom. If top board has fins place them on deck grip of bottom board to protect deck.
- when stacking boards use a towel or Curve sling to prevent wax transfer.
sleep wherever you lay your boardbag
It's a cruel twist that the best waves are usually firing early as the sun comes up, but a morning surf often results in a stoke that lasts all day. A sleepmat means you can enjoy the freedom of having a bed wherever you lay your boardbag, so you can wake up with surf on your doorstep. If you've ever traveled through airports, camped at the beach or even just slept on the floor, you'll realize that a backup crash pad is genius. It stores inside the Curve Overstayer Boardbag cleanzone compartment which keeps it clean, dry and easy to access.
- 1" (25mm) foam and 3D breathable fabric
- connects to Overstayer cleanzone via tabs
- utilize boardbag padding on open cleanzone
- length 5'8 (174cm) x width 18 ½" (47cm)
- connect 2x sleepmats for double size
- extra 1" (25mm) protection for surfboards
- one size fits all Curve Overstayer boardbags
- removable foam cores for machine wash
- folds in half for storage or a handy seat
- more sleepmat information
Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how great the Overstayer bag went on my travels to and around Indo. Ten flights and not a single bit of damage, even managed to come out with the shoulder strap still attached. Mate of mine wasn't so lucky with his Creatures bag-chipped tail of his new 6'6. Spent a few days down Pangandaran too-I noticed Dion spent some time there on his travel blog.
Thanks heaps guys, keep building the good stuff!!
Scott, Nelson, NZ
Shawn, Brooklyn NY, USA
Already have the Item I ordered in my hot little hands. great service, great products! I had dealt with you previously when I purchased my son one of your overstayer boardbags. that bag did Indo for 2 months, England, France & French railways and my son said not one scratch on his boards. "The best". His friend who had one of your competitors bags arrived in Indo with two boards virtually totaled. You have my full permission to use my recommendation anyway that you choose.
Regards, Chae, Whitianga, NZ
Paul M, Victoria, Australia
Just letting you know that the Overstayer boardbag worked a treat when I went to Indo... ended up getting four board in there = a 6'0, 2x 6'3s and a 7'0 epic boardbg... here's a couple of photos with the four boards in it. HEAPS of room for wetties/leggies/booties/towels too. just letting you know I'm stoked on the purchase!
Angus, Perth, Australia
Peter, Torquay, Australia
I really love the Overstayer surfboard bag you sent me. I searched and searched for what I wanted and your bag came on top for price and function. You must get it into more stores in Aus.
Thanks a heap once again.
Mark W, Sydney, Australia
The Overstayer went for a wee trip to the goldy and worked a treat.
I also purchase some of your travel racks, which also worked a treat.
Great products. It seems you guys put good thought into function and purpose.
Guys, you were right about this bag. It is a fantastic piece of gear, very well designed and made. The board bag arrived a lot earlier than I expected. I am stoked.
Thanks again. I will be back.
Cheers, Terry, Australia
Surfboard bag is totally sick man, easily the best multi ive seen .... definitely buying the superslim for NZ next year hahaha. fins are rad as well, what a sick colour!
My Curve Overstayer board bag arrived today, three days earlier than expected. When I ordered the bag, I asked myself if the specification was too good to be true for the cost - especially when I discovered that delivery was included in the price. I am very happy to say that the bag is everything I expected and more - it fits three boards easily, and once I get a few pairs of boardies, a couple of spare leggies, some wax and some sunscreen in there I am sure it will all wrap up nice n tight. Congratulations on making a terrific product at an excellent price. Rest assured I will be raving about you to my friends, and next time I need any surf gear at all, I will definitely make Curve my first port of call.
Nick B, West Australia
“This thing has got to be the most fantastic piece of kit ever invented! When first I heard of it I was over the moon - a surfer like me could live out of my car and this bag for a week, easy!”