Surfboard coffin bag nz for travel - single surfboard bag, double surfboard bag, and triple surfboard bag - all in one!
- Overstayer surfboard coffin is up to 50% lighter than standard triple surfboard bag, with full travel protection!
- burrito wrap closure secures any load size: 1 board only, 2 boards with fins, or 3 boards w/out fins
- includes free 'sling' wax divider / surfboard day carry
- unfold side access or unzip rear access
- cooling heat vent runs length of bag
- water resistant 'cleanzone' keeps gear clean
- empty bag is less than 1/3 height of standard empty triple coffin makes for easy storage
- bag opens flat as ground sheet for sitting, sleeping or tenting
- turn your boardbag into a clean comfy bed with an optional sleepmat
- fits wider 'fish' style boards up to 25"
- 6x grab handles for easy handling
- 2x external pockets, 2x internal pockets
- less zips to break or corrode
- fin slot with velcro closure in sizes 8'2 and bigger
- weights: 6'6: 9lb 4kg / 7'0: 10lb 4.5kg / 7'6: 10.5lb 4.8kg / 8'2: 12.5lb 5.7kg / 9'6: 13lb 6kg
The overstayer has been designed to reduce your blood and sweat when dealing with international travel. The patented wrap closure has no bulky walls which greatly reduces the weight of the bag, making it lighter and easier to carry. And because it 'wraps' closed the boardbag adapts to whatever size load you throw at it, whether 1 board or 3, making it the most compact and adaptable surf travel bag you will find.
As the main opening utilizes a radical velcro fastening system, you can eliminate any concerns about the zip seizing up like other bags which often renders a perfectly good travel bags useless. By eliminating the zip we have removed the most significant weakpoint of any full entry travel bag, and this means the Overstayer has a much longer lifespan than standard boardbags. When we say built to last, we mean it.
Getting your boards to survive inconsiderate baggage handlers is still a priority, so they get the full treatment with a premium combination of super tough 600D exterior and 10mm shock absorbing foam core.
Engineered from extremely tough components, this high-end bag delivers what every world traveler wants – simplicity, ease of transport and a touch of style.
Other benefits exclusive to the overstayer include a wax and water resistant 'cleanzone' divider compartment to separate boards from luggage. Plus you'll get a free day carry sling - which all up makes this one super sweet package - which is very hard to beat for performance, adaptability, and value.
- super tough 600D water-resistant polycanvas
- nose and tail reinforcement
- 10mm waterproof shock absorbing foam core
- reinforcement stitching in hi-stress areas
- heat reflective nylon lined interior
- PK non corrosion zip, reversed for extra zip protection
Overstayer capacity is determined by adding up the width of each surfboard (no fins). Example: the Overstayer 6’6 travel bag combined width capacity is 60" inches, therefore the combined width of each surfboard when you add them up must be 60 or less inches.
Examples of different fitting board combinations (no fins) are:
- 3x 20” wide boards = 3x 20” = 60” - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
- 2x 19” wide boards = 2x 19" = 38"
1x 22” wide board = 1x 22" = 22"
Total combined width 38 + 22 = 60" - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
- 2x 23” wide boards = 2x 23" = 46" - this combination of boards meets the criteria of 60” or less to fit
BOARD TYPE & SIZE CHART
|Board Type||Overstayer 6'6,7'0 and 7'6||Overstayer 8'2,9'6 and 10'2|
|Shortboard||1-3 Boards (max combined with 60")||-|
|Mini-mal / eggs / spoons / fish||1-2 Boards (max combined with 60")||-|
|Longboard||-||1-2 Boards (max combined with 50")|
NB: FIXED FIN surfboards max capacity for 6'6, 7'0 and 7'6 boardbags is 2x fixed fin surfboards (any width).
tips for use
- close by tightening cynches and folding nose and tail ends under.
- carrying 2 or 3 boards:
- put largest board nose first and base down at bottom.
- add smaller boards nose first, base down.
- never slide a board in under another board - this may cause damage from the nose of the sliding board.
- boards with fins are best on the bottom. If top board has fins place them on deck grip of bottom board to protect deck.
- when stacking boards use a towel or Curve sling to prevent wax transfer.
sleep wherever you lay your boardbag
It's a cruel twist that the best waves are usually firing early as the sun comes up, but a morning surf often results in a stoke that lasts all day. A sleepmat means you can enjoy the freedom of having a bed wherever you lay your boardbag, so you can wake up with surf on your doorstep. If you've ever traveled through airports, camped at the beach or even just slept on the floor, you'll realize that a backup crash pad is genius. It stores inside the Curve Overstayer Boardbag cleanzone compartment which keeps it clean, dry and easy to access.
- 1" (25mm) foam and 3D breathable fabric
- connects to Overstayer cleanzone via tabs
- utilize boardbag padding on open cleanzone
- length 5'8 (174cm) x width 18 ½" (47cm)
- connect 2x sleepmats for double size
- extra 1" (25mm) protection for surfboards
- one size fits all Curve Overstayer boardbags
- removable foam cores for machine wash
- folds in half for storage or a handy seat
- more sleepmat information
Just thought I would drop you a line to let you know how great the Overstayer bag went on my travels to and around Indo. Ten flights and not a single bit of damage, even managed to come out with the shoulder strap still attached. Mate of mine wasn't so lucky with his Creatures bag-chipped tail of his new 6'6. Spent a few days down Pangandaran too-I noticed Dion spent some time there on his travel blog.
Thanks heaps guys, keep building the good stuff!!
Scott, Nelson, NZ
Shawn, Brooklyn NY, USA
Already have the Item I ordered in my hot little hands. great service, great products! I had dealt with you previously when I purchased my son one of your overstayer boardbags. that bag did Indo for 2 months, England, France & French railways and my son said not one scratch on his boards. "The best". His friend who had one of your competitors bags arrived in Indo with two boards virtually totaled. You have my full permission to use my recommendation anyway that you choose.
Regards, Chae, Whitianga, NZ
Paul M, Victoria, Australia
Just letting you know that the Overstayer boardbag worked a treat when I went to Indo... ended up getting four board in there = a 6'0, 2x 6'3s and a 7'0 epic boardbg... here's a couple of photos with the four boards in it. HEAPS of room for wetties/leggies/booties/towels too. just letting you know I'm stoked on the purchase!
Angus, Perth, Australia
Hi there, just wanted to pass some feedback back to you guys, I purchased the Overstayer coffin bag for my two boards and its the best! Someone has clearly thought about traveling with surfboards, the airport staff were impressed with all the handles and its been sooo easy to use with some great features! So thanks, keep up the good work :)
Peter, Torquay, Australia
The Overstayer is awesome! I like the ability to access the boards from the rear, or through the side. Most the time I had 2 boards in it, so was accessing it via the side. The Cleanzone function is unreal too! I kept towels and the Sleepmat in there. Great not getting them wet/waxy.
I really love the Overstayer surfboard bag you sent me. I searched and searched for what I wanted and your bag came on top for price and function. You must get it into more stores in Aus.
Thanks a heap once again.
Mark W, Sydney, Australia
The Overstayer went for a wee trip to the goldy and worked a treat.
I also purchase some of your travel racks, which also worked a treat.
Great products. It seems you guys put good thought into function and purpose.
Guys, you were right about this bag. It is a fantastic piece of gear, very well designed and made. The board bag arrived a lot earlier than I expected. I am stoked.
Thanks again. I will be back.
Cheers, Terry, Australia
Covid update -100% open and shipping now!
yes, we are business as usual - just place your order and we'll get it shipped right away 👌
Free Shipping on Orders Over $30!
If you live in New Zealand you get FREE SHIPPING for any order product value over $30!
This includes our entire boardbag range - Boost 20mm single travel surfboard bags, Superslim multi 1-2 day surfboard bags, Overstayer multi 1-3 travel surfboard bags, and SUP travel bags, all ship FREE.
Plus any product, or combination of products, valued at over $30 all ship for FREE.
Stoke on that !! 🤙🤙
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Order Processing & Delivery
Orders are processed within 24 hours of receipt. Shipping takes place on weekdays only, so orders received after midday on a Friday will normally ship on a Monday. Delivery times are 1-2 working days for North Island and 3-4 working days for South Island. Rural delivery may take an additional 1-2 days. If you need delivery quicker than these times please contact us for priority shipping.
If you have any queries about the status or progress of your order, for a same day response simply reply to either this email or email@example.com or phone us on 021 746 369